Monday, January 6, 2014

Scale Modeling projects of the Arab- Israeli Wars

 I admit that I am a "newbie" at blogging.  I may or may not succeed at this.  I hope that I will.  I have been doing the Blog-thing now for less than 12 hours and this will be my first post on my own site.  Military Scale Modeling, the subject of this blog,  is something I've done for about 50 years.  In all that time I have been interested in many subjects and along the way collected tons of reference books.  The Internet began the renaissance of data reference for me and my external hard drive has literally thousands of photos of things that I like and in so many years I have liked a lot of things......So when it came time in my life to focus my research and modeling efforts on a specific subject and within a particular timeframe I had to decide where to firmly plant my feet. 

To get myself going I need to "connect" mentally to whatever I've started to build,  but after a while I found it hard to get excited about someone else's wars.  Seems like we modelers will never get tired of WW-2.   Of course Heinkels, Focke-Wulfs and P-47s are very cool and I've built alot of those but in the end Middle-East military subjects were always a favorite of mine.

 The Arab-Israeli conflicts of the 20th century were a very personal experience for me.  I was living in Israel during the 1973 Yom Kippur War and traveled through the Golan Heights and Sinai battlefield shortly after the ceasefire.  Most of the vehicles and some of the aircraft I've built here, I have seen in actual 1:1 scale... All that being said, here we go with what I have devoted a lot of hobby time (actually I do have a life other than this stuff but I'm not blogging that here) I hope you enjoy what I've done.

To start off, here are some of the vehicles and aircraft of the Israelis and Arabs from 1967-1973 that I will showcase in this blog. Thanks for visiting!
  

10 comments:

  1. A great site - I am interested in the IDF in these conflicts. I am working on a Syrian T-54 right now of the 1973 period and this site helps a lot. Next a 1982 M113 Zelda Of Operation Peace for Galilee.
    Best regards
    Paul H.

    ReplyDelete

  2. This paragraph is genuinely a nice one it assists new net visitors, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The overall look of your web site is great, as well as the content!Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing with us this important Content.

    ReplyDelete

  6. I feel strongly about it and really enjoyed learning more about this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I simply want to tell you that I am just beginner to blogs and certainly enjoyed you’re web page.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Great info. Thank you for sharing this fascinating information together. I am so blessed to discover this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very interesting, I love how you express yourself in form of writing. You’re a very skilled blogger.

    ReplyDelete